Images courtesy of: Extreme Photography - Gary Smits and Adam Speer - Phillips
Become our fan on Facebook!
Hello and Welcome...
to the "second attempt" of the 8th Annual Perkinstown Snowshoe Race; a one-day winter adventure that's nestled in the hills of northcentral Wisconsin. Join us Saturday, January 18, 2014 for an event that promises to be fun for snowshoers of all abilities. Held at the Perkinstown Winter Sports Area, hundreds of runners and walkers will snowshoe along scenic trails that twist their way through the Chequamegon National Forest. And, a warning for kids: Be on the lookout for our 7-foot mascot, Perky the Porcupine. That big old critter is always good for a few laughs. Make it a "point" to be part of the Perkinstown Snowshoe Race.
2012 SnowShoe Magazine Article by: Kris Borchardt - Click Here
Weather conditions during the last couple of weeks led to an ultra-quick course for snowshoe racers at Perkinstown (near Medford, Wisconsin) on Saturday, January 21st, 2012, to snowshoe in either the 3-mile, 6-mile, or the Mountaineer races.
There were over 460 competitors in all, with around 400 of those racing in the 3-mile event.
2012 Race Photographs...
Photos By Julee
Julee Emmerich of Medford, WI
715 . 785 . 7448
2014 Race Information...
- Saturday, January 18, 2014
- Perkinstown Winter Sports Area, Located 20 Miles NW of Medford, WI
Entry Fees :
- $25 Postmarked by January 10, 2014
- $30 Day of Race
- includes a long-sleeved event shirt
- entry into racer raffles
- finish-line treats
- Three & Six-Mile Run / Walk
- Three-Mile Men's Clydesdale Class:
- Must Be 225+ Pounds
- Open Class - No Age Groups
- Medals to Top Three
- Three-Mile Team Competition:
- Co-Worker & Open Divisions
- Minimum of 5 Snowshoers Per Team
- NO Additional Entry Fee
- Woman's Mountaineer
- 3-Mile Course
- Must Carry a 15# Pack
- Snowshoes No Smaller Than 8" X 25"
- Men's Mountaineer
- 6-Mile Course
- Must Carry a 15# Pack
- Snowshoes No Smaller Than 10" X 46"
- Kid's Race
- Children 12 & Under
- $3.00 Entry Fee
- Medals To All
Race Starts :
- 11:00 AM - 6-Mile & Men's Mountaineer
- 11:15 AM - 3-Mile & Women's Mountaineer
- 1:00 PM (approximately) - Kid's Race
- Overall Awards to Top Male & Female Finishers
- Medals to Top Three Age Groups Finishers (5-Year Increments)
- Team Awards to Top Two Teams (Combined Times)- Each Division
- Team Award to Largest Team - Each Division
- A limited number of snowshoes are available for use during the race
- Food and refreshments provided by Lucky Hills 4-H and the Perkinstown Winter Sports Area will be available for purchase
- Heated tent and chalet on site
- Changing areas provided